About Me

My photo
Full Time Mom, Wife, Work, Life - Mom to three children (adults), two are college graduates and now own their own homes, and the youngest is in college in NC; wife to Thomas; Work - one full time and multiple part time jobs; Life - whatever you can throw at me....

Friday, October 7, 2011

CSA Week #19

Where did the time go?  CSA Week 19?  How did the summer go by so fast?

I didn't get anything last week because I was away and my sister was able to use it all, but here is what we are getting this week:

Full Share:

2 bunches of edamame
2 lbs potatoes
1 leek
3 large eggplant
2 sweet peppers
1/2 lb hot peppers
6 large tomatoes
1 lb beans
2 large sweet potatoes
1 bunch kale

Green smoothies this week with the kale and the raspberries that I still have!
I'll be frying more eggplant too!  I need to make some marinara sauce and freeze a couple of trays of eggplant parm again.  The kids used it while we were gone.
Since the potato/leek soup was such a hit, I may try that again this weekend.  (Although the weather here in CT is supposed to be lovely this weekend!)
Oktoberfest party tomorrow night - I need to find a fun recipe! 
My son brought me home a huge spaghetti squash that he got from a farm where he went apple picking.  I think I'll keep it in the cold cellar for a while!

PS - I posted pictures on my last post........

No comments: