About Me

My photo
Full Time Mom, Wife, Work, Life - Mom to three children (adults), two are college graduates and now own their own homes, and the youngest is in college in NC; wife to Thomas; Work - one full time and multiple part time jobs; Life - whatever you can throw at me....

Saturday, October 29, 2011

Snow



Here in Southern New England, we have gotten our first taste of snow....and I HATE it.....

Seriously, this is CT, five miles from the shore.  We don't get snow on October 29th and we sure as heck don't get three inches (that is what we have at 6:00 pm).  The pictures below were taken at 3:00 pm.  We are supposed to get 6 to 10 inches, but who knows???







I just spent an hour shoveling the patio and the front stairs and part of the driveway.  After so much Zumba this past week, my lower back hurts and this heavy wet snow does not help.  On top of that, our neighbors tree lost Five big limbs and one of them is hanging on our power line in our driveway.  Trying to call United Illuminating (the power co) is fruitless.  Over 413,000 without power in the state.

I have the wood in the dining room all set.  The fireplace is ready.  Candles are lit.  Food is made.
The only thing I don't have in this house is a glass of wine.....now who sees the irony in that!???

1 comment:

The 4 Bushel Farmgal said...

Hope you get through this one safely! Our power just came back on. Boy, did the condo get cold in the last 4 1/2 hours...

I hear that the Merritt Pkwy is closed! You're right - it's too early for this.

Stay warm!