About Me

My photo
Full Time Mom, Wife, Work, Life - Mom to three children (adults), two are college graduates and now own their own homes, and the youngest is in college in NC; wife to Thomas; Work - one full time and multiple part time jobs; Life - whatever you can throw at me....

Friday, October 14, 2011

CSA Week #20

Here is what we are getting this week:

Full Share:


2 lbs sweet potatoes
2 lbs potatoes
4 sweet peppers
1/2 lb hot peppers
1 bunch of turnips
1 head of lettuce
1 head of escarole
1 lb beets
2 kohlrabi
3 large tomatoes
1 bunch kale

I made green smoothies last week with the kale.  They didn't turn out too green, definitely more pink (because of the raspberries).  (By the way - I still five quarts of raspberries left!).  :)

I will use the kale for smoothies again this week because each day I made them, my son wanted one to go!

I have no idea what I am keeping this week.  I will have to see what my sister needs.....

1 comment:

Nancy said...

I'd be using the turnips for a stew. Yummy! :)