About Me

My photo
Full Time Mom, Wife, Work, Life - Mom to three children (adults), two are college graduates and now own their own homes, and the youngest is in college in NC; wife to Thomas; Work - one full time and multiple part time jobs; Life - whatever you can throw at me....

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

I'm home......and so happy to be!

I got home this afternoon.  And the first thing I did was check on my hens....I found something that I wasn't thrilled about (the hens had no food and no water), but I fixed them up quick and collected eight eggs.  The dog was thrilled to see us and I think the kids were happy too.

I realize that being gone for six days is pretty long....I don't like being away that long.  I like my kids, I like my house, I like my hens, I like my kitchen, I like my life.  Homemade pizza, homemade quiche, and salad for dinner.  I had to make a pot of pizza sauce because I had none....I love being home and being able to cook what I want!  Don't get me wrong, I like going out to dinner sometimes, but I LOVE being home and being able to cook.  I love sitting at the table with the kids hearing about what they are doing or what they want to do or which car they want, or what a certain teacher did.

I need to be home more often....I need to be here...I need to get rid of some of my part time jobs....

2 comments:

Maryanne said...

I know what you mean about being home and how nice it is to sit down for dinner with family. Read Catie's latest blog entry - somewhat mirrors yours. Maryanne

Catie said...

Welcome back!!!! Obviously dinner at home is on the brain all around this week. After being on vacation or eating out a few days in a row it's always so nice to be in your own kitchen.