About Me

My photo
Full Time Mom, Wife, Work, Life - Mom to three children (adults), two are college graduates and now own their own homes, and the youngest is in college in NC; wife to Thomas; Work - one full time and multiple part time jobs; Life - whatever you can throw at me....

Monday, September 27, 2010

Canning and Freezing Inventory to date

Here is my list for the season so far:

Apple Pie Filling - 9 quarts - gave two to my mom
Applesauce - 6-1/2 quarts
Pear Sauce - 4 pints; 1 1/2 pint - one pint to my sister
Strawberry Fig Preserves - 4-1/2 pints - one pint to my dad
Salsa - 2-1/2 quarts
Raspberry Jam - 9 pints
Blackberry Jam  - 8 pints
Corn Cob Jelly - 5-1/2 pints (tastes like honey) - making more this weekend!

Still had three strawberry jams and four blueberry jams from last year - which I have been doling out to the family. 

Freezer:

Dandelion greens - 2 bags
Green beans - about 6 lbs.
Beet greens - 1 bag
Collard Greens - 2 bags
Kale - 1 bag
broccoli - two bags full, plus one quart

Everything else from the CSA or the garden I have used.  It has been a very, very good year for me!

I don't have a food dehyrdrator or a pressure canner.  I need to invest in these, but one step at a time.  I am down to ONE empty canning jar left.....if anyone of my local friends in blog-land has any canning jars in their basements, attics, where ever, let me know.  Otherwise, I'll pick some up this weekend. 

No comments: