About Me

My photo
Full Time Mom, Wife, Work, Life - Mom to three children (adults), two are college graduates and now own their own homes, and the youngest is in college in NC; wife to Thomas; Work - one full time and multiple part time jobs; Life - whatever you can throw at me....

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Soap Making

My sister called me yesterday and said there was a soap making demonstration at the local Nature Center today for $5.00.

It is something we both have wanted to try.....so, we learned about soap making, saponification (Tuesday word of the day, maybe??), essential oils and chemistry.  It was a wonderful class - Thank you, Dawn.

I probably made about four bars of Tea tree oil soap.  My sister made rosemary soap, so we are going to trade off two bars each.  I am very, very, very happy to learn this process.  I won't be using it for about a week, until it is ready, but I'll show pictures and let you know how it worked out.

I have all the ingredients, except for the lye....I hope to make more in the future!!

No comments: