About Me

My photo
Full Time Mom, Wife, Work, Life - Mom to three children (adults), two are college graduates and now own their own homes, and the youngest is in college in NC; wife to Thomas; Work - one full time and multiple part time jobs; Life - whatever you can throw at me....

Friday, September 24, 2010

CSA Friday

Here is what I got:

Half Share:
1/2 dozen corn
1/2 lb leeks
1 lb potatoes
1 lb tomatoes
1 lb sweet peppers
1/2 lb hot peppers
1 lb cucumbers or zucchini
1 head green leaf lettuce
1 lb apples
turnip greens

In my future I see....... leek and potato soup and some more salsa.  Maybe I'll be able to can  more salsa, too. 

With the apples that my son picked, I made another 2-1/2 quarts of applesauce.  The apples were Jonathan and Gala, and the applesauce came out a nice reddish brown color and is a little chunkier than the first batch!!!!

If I save the corn cobs from this batch of corn and add more to them next week, I should be able to make more corn cob jelly next week.  So much to do at this time of year and so precious little time........... 

I also ordered two organically raised chickens cut up.  I haven't made fried chicken in a long while.  It's time!  Sunday supper?

Have a great weekend, everyone!!

No comments: