About Me

My photo
Full Time Mom, Wife, Work, Life - Mom to three children (adults), two are college graduates and now own their own homes, and the youngest is in college in NC; wife to Thomas; Work - one full time and multiple part time jobs; Life - whatever you can throw at me....

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Updates!

We are all pitching in to make sure Nonni is safe in her home.  Everyone is taking a turn and tonight, my husband and I have a shift.  I'll let you know how she is after we take care of her later.

I got my camera, but I couldn't figure out how to use it.....I was too tired to read the directions last night, so today, I'll read them and try to understand everything, so I can post pictures after this weekend.

My cousin from Cape Cod came to visit last night....so happy to see him!

My son got me a blender....I made my first green smoothie - I was really pessimistic about the whole taste thing, but WOW - it is nice to be pleasantly surprised!  Kale from the CSA, Figs from my dad's tree, Raspberries from my bushes, water, ice and a little sugar.  Breakfast for this morning and tomorrow morning is made!!  It is thicker than I might have liked, but next time I'll put a few less kale leaves in it.  You should try it!

We are getting five eggs a day (most days!).  I love my girls!

Four and a half pints of fig/strawberry preserves last night.  I made this one with the jello recipe......I wasn't sure how it was going to come out, but it really is good!  I will probably be able to make a little more of this before the season ends.

I'm off to work - have a beautiful day!!

1 comment:

Farmgirl Cyn said...

LOVE your blog!
I tried some green smoothies earlier this summer and thought they were great! Now I have been making kefir smoothies using homemade kefir and whatever else I have on hand. Sometimes fresh fruit, sometimes lacto-fermented apricots.