About Me

My photo
Full Time Mom, Wife, Work, Life - Mom to three children (adults), two are college graduates and now own their own homes, and the youngest is in college in NC; wife to Thomas; Work - one full time and multiple part time jobs; Life - whatever you can throw at me....

Friday, September 16, 2011

CSA #16

Here is the scheduled Full Share for this week:

Full Share:

1 dozen sweet corn
2 lbs potatoes
2 sweet peppers
1 lb anaheim peppers
1 lb beans (green, yellow, or flat Italian)
2 large eggplant
1 lb small eggplant
3 lbs of cucumbers
1 bag small tomatoes
1 bunch of beets
4 large tomatoes

They added on a cantaloupe this week, too!!  I love extras!

I am also getting five chickens cut up into pieces.  There was a CSA special on chicken this week, so I usually fill the freezer when they run the special! - It came to about 37 lbs. of chicken. 

I canned another jar of eggplant for the refrigerator this week, plus three more pints of salsa.  I am going to attempt something with the beets from this week and last week, maybe a beet salad!  I'll also be doing more pico di gallo or salsa.  I have a lot of the hot peppers!

I am taking the trips to pick apples on tomorrow.  This will be the third year in a row that I've taken all three and I'm really looking forward to it!  I hope to get all honey crisp (with a few others thrown in for good measure) to make applesauce.  Canning is my plan for Sunday all day!

1 comment:

Nancy said...

You are a busy canner Maria. I have not canned a single thing this season. My bad! :)