About Me

My photo
Full Time Mom, Wife, Work, Life - Mom to three children (adults), two are college graduates and now own their own homes, and the youngest is in college in NC; wife to Thomas; Work - one full time and multiple part time jobs; Life - whatever you can throw at me....

Friday, September 2, 2011

Pears

My dad had pear trees (and apple trees and mulberry trees and olive trees, etc).  But the pears were abundant this year.  Right before Irene hit (Can we use the word 'Irene' the way we use the word 'Katrina'? - to some extent, maybe), my mom picked all the pears because she knew they would all get ruined.  There was a full bushel - probably more.  I took some, my sisters both took some and my mom had some.  I put mine in the cold cellar to ripen.  They took five days.

I cut them up and added lemon juice, made a 'light'syrup and canned two quarts for pies.  The rest we are eating.


The cellar canning area is getting larger!

Honeycrisp apples in two weeks.......I can't wait!!!!

No comments: