About Me

My photo
Full Time Mom, Wife, Work, Life - Mom to three children (adults), two are college graduates and now own their own homes, and the youngest is in college in NC; wife to Thomas; Work - one full time and multiple part time jobs; Life - whatever you can throw at me....

Sunday, September 4, 2011

New Concoction/Recipe

I was reading on one my favorite blogs about how good beet greens are for you.  As it just so happens, I got a bunch of beet greens with my CSA with the greens still attached....so, I looked up a couple of recipes with beet greens and pasta.

I found quite a few but didn't have all the ingredients (I don't keep pine nuts on hand), so it was time to use what I had in the fridge and improvise.

Pasta with Beet Greens


Beet Greens from about 10 beets (washed, chopped and par boiled)
1/2 medium onion
2 Tablespoons of Garlic, minced
Olive oil

1/2 very ripe tomato
sun dried tomatoes
1/2 can of ceci (garbanzo beans)
Ricotta and parmesan

1 lb. pasta (I used rotelle)

Saute garlic and onion in the olive oil in a large Frying pan.
Add the beet greens and cook for about five minutes.
Add tomato and sun dried tomato and continue cooking down.
Add the ceci at the end and cook for about 10 minutes more.

While you are cooking this, you can be boiling the water for the pasta.

Once you cook/drain the pasta, you can add it directly to the frying pan and stir.

I put it in a bowl and added a couple of dollaps of ricotta and parmesan.  The picture below was taken before I stirred it all in.

It was a great lunch and can be used with anything you happen to have in the refrigerator!

ETA: Hubby had two bowls, son #1 had two bowls, son #2 had one bowl and I had a bowl and a half and no leftovers - I guess it was a hit!!!!


No comments: