About Me

My photo
Full Time Mom, Wife, Work, Life - Mom to three children (adults), two are college graduates and now own their own homes, and the youngest is in college in NC; wife to Thomas; Work - one full time and multiple part time jobs; Life - whatever you can throw at me....

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Clipping Wings

The new fenced in area for the chickens has been completed by my son.  However, even though it keeps the dog out, the chickens decided that they can fly over and bother the dog!  The dog is bigger than them, though, so our yard was a cacophony of barking and screeching chickens...Not fun at 6:00 in the morning!!

So, I went on You-Tube and Google and learned how to clip chicken wings, so that the hens will stay on their side of the fence.  It was easy (once I caught the dang hens!), and all of the tutorials basically showed the exact same thing, so I couldn't go wrong (could I?).

As of 7:30 this morning, wings are now clipped and I'll let you know if it keeps the hens in their new area......it better!!!!!
 This is the new area - it is about 25 x 20 for four hens......and they have two coops as of right now!

 I think they were pretty P.O.'d at me this morning for clipping their wings, so they didn't come out of the coop to have their pictures taken! HAH!

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Way to go, pioneer woman! Proud of you! :)