About Me

My photo
Full Time Mom, Wife, Work, Life - Mom to three children (adults), two are college graduates and now own their own homes, and the youngest is in college in NC; wife to Thomas; Work - one full time and multiple part time jobs; Life - whatever you can throw at me....

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Posting and Cancer!

I haven't had the opportunity to post this week.  I have been spending a lot of time at my parents home and for those of you who would like an update, my dad is doing well and is comfortable.  He went for a drive with my brother on Sunday evening, just to get him out of the house and he really enjoyed it (Milford beach).  Then last night, he felt well enough to come downstairs to the dining room table for dinner.  We have no complaints!!!  Obviously, there are good days and bad days........Cancer is such a four letter word!  I wouldn't wish this disease on anyone.

I don't think I mentioned the Zumba Fundraiser that we had on May 6th.....It was a success!!!

We raised $1,700.00 - half went to the The Breast Cancer Wellness Fund and half went to the Father McGivney Center for Lung Cancer.

Thank you to all my friends and family that participated!!!!  Love you all!!

1 comment:

The 4 Bushel Farmgal said...

Wishing your father many, many of the good days! He is blessed to have a large, loving family nearby.

Great job on the fundraiser!