About Me

My photo
Full Time Mom, Wife, Work, Life - Mom to three children (adults), two are college graduates and now own their own homes, and the youngest is in college in NC; wife to Thomas; Work - one full time and multiple part time jobs; Life - whatever you can throw at me....

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Violet Jelly

Last week, I had off for Good Friday, so I had a few spare hours of time. 

My yard is covered in violets.  The 'white with purple centers' type of violets.  They are beautiful and I had remembered that last year, I had read a post on making violet jelly.  The next day, another one of the blogs that I usually read had a violet jelly post, so, I just had to try it...

My pictures are not as nice as theirs are, but here goes......



Just for the record....I still have thousands of violets in my side yard....if anyone wants to try this!




2 comments:

Nancy said...

Did you post a picture of your jelly? I don't see it.

No matter -- glad you were able to take advantage of the plethora of violets and make something edible.

:)

The 4 Bushel Farmgal said...

The color came out great! This winter, you'll be enjoying your "taste of Spring" ;)

I thought of you this weekend while I saw so many yards dotted with violets.