About Me

My photo
Full Time Mom, Wife, Work, Life - Mom to three children (adults), two are college graduates and now own their own homes, and the youngest is in college in NC; wife to Thomas; Work - one full time and multiple part time jobs; Life - whatever you can throw at me....

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Chicken Coop

As I mentioned a few days ago, we got a flyer in the mail last week from our local Agway and they were having a chicken coop sale.  My coop at home is four years old and was handmade by my sons when they were in high school/college.  It served it's purpose but was far from efficient or insulated or predator safe.  And there were no roosting poles in it.

We only have four hens and this winter, because it was so cold and so snowy, we had to bring them in to the house/shed multiple times. (More times than I care to remember).

Hubby and I had discussed getting one and I had just started to save some money for spring so this sale came at a perfect time and I bought one!  It is a four square chicken coop.
I think the hens and I will be much happier in this beauty.

Friends who live close, feel free to stop by and visit my new toy! 

3 comments:

Unknown said...

you are invited to follow my blog

Nancy said...

Congratulations, Maria. I'm sure, once your chickens get used to their new home, they will love it!

A Joyful Chaos said...

Lovely chicken coop!