About Me

My photo
Full Time Mom, Wife, Work, Life - Mom to three children (adults), two are college graduates and now own their own homes, and the youngest is in college in NC; wife to Thomas; Work - one full time and multiple part time jobs; Life - whatever you can throw at me....

Monday, March 7, 2011

Last of the CSA

This week we used the last of our CSA that we had in the cold room.

I used two butternut squash for roasted squash (I make them like roasted potatoes with olive oil, salt, pepper and rosemary).

And with this big baby pictured here, I made mashed squash.  (Just like mashed potatoes).

I took a picture of it next to 1/2 gallon of OJ for reference.  It was pretty big and fed all five of us.

I still have four quarts of cooked pumpkin/squash in the freezer to make muffins or cookies.  Plus other assorted veggies that I froze, but this was the last of the fresh veggies.  New CSA starts in a few months.  I've already signed up....and I just ordered my first 1/6 of beef.  I'll take lots of pictures when that comes in!!!!

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Love the fact you are patronizing your local CSA for your family's meal ingredients. Awesome! :)