About Me

My photo
Full Time Mom, Wife, Work, Life - Mom to three children (adults), two are college graduates and now own their own homes, and the youngest is in college in NC; wife to Thomas; Work - one full time and multiple part time jobs; Life - whatever you can throw at me....

Friday, September 18, 2009

Change

Change. Is it good or is it bad? Yesterday, change was a bad day, a sad day. We had to lay off five employees. Since there were only 15 of us, 1/3 of us were cut. Suffice it to say, it was a difficult day to say the least. Sue is gone. Her and I became fast friends over the last three years. I miss her terribly. We were kindred souls in so many ways.

I know change happens. I know it is a door closed and a window opened somewhere else....but it is hard. The work will get done, but the sadness will be around for a while.

Fall is coming next week, the season is changing. I have lived through 45 changes from summer to fall....I'll live through this change at work, too.

No comments: