About Me

My photo
Full Time Mom, Wife, Work, Life - Mom to three children (adults), two are college graduates and now own their own homes, and the youngest is in college in NC; wife to Thomas; Work - one full time and multiple part time jobs; Life - whatever you can throw at me....

Thursday, September 24, 2009

Layoff Survivor Sickness

We had layoffs here at work last week. Because it is such a small company, everyone took it hard...especially me.

I just spent an hour filling out DOL paperwork and there is still more to come. I read about Layoff Survivor Sickness - where the people who don't get laid off feel as bad as the people who did get laid off. I feel like I have it...sad, sleepless, anxious, etc....

I'm doing what the article tells me to do to get over these feelings, but it is still hard and I know "this too shall pass". I know this too well. But it doesn't make it any easier today.

No comments: