About Me

My photo
Full Time Mom, Wife, Work, Life - Mom to three children (adults), two are college graduates and now own their own homes, and the youngest is in college in NC; wife to Thomas; Work - one full time and multiple part time jobs; Life - whatever you can throw at me....

Monday, September 7, 2009

Goshen Fair and the Labor Day Race

Today is Labor Day. A wonderful day off for most of us. Today is the New Haven Road Race. I have been doing this race for about seven years now. It is one of my favorites. I do the 5K and then we watch the 20K winners cross the finish line. Very exciting for everyone!! The weather was perfect for my sister and me to race. We also brought her triplets, my dad and my niece. A perfect morning. Then we all went home, showered, changed and headed to the Goshen Fair.

This is another tradition in my family. It is a great fair with a ton of people and demonstrations and activities and attractions. My sister entered her sons picture this year - it didn't win a prize, but it was fun to see something we all know and love at the fair. We stayed for a few hours and then came home and my husband had cooked dinner....Wonderful.

I went out after dinner to start a fire in the outside fire place because it is a cool Labor Day, but it was wonderful to just sit out there and read. I put the chickens in their coop for the night and decided to post today. My next thing to learn on blogging is inserting pictures... Stay tuned. I'll get to that soon.

No comments: