About Me

My photo
Full Time Mom, Wife, Work, Life - Mom to three children (adults), two are college graduates and now own their own homes, and the youngest is in college in NC; wife to Thomas; Work - one full time and multiple part time jobs; Life - whatever you can throw at me....

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

My Hens



I had a great run this morning. I probably only ran 2-1/2 miles, but it was a great morning with no humidity. I'm working all day today - I still have to catch up from having Monday off, but it won't be that bad today.


I thought I would show you some pictures of my hens. I let them out of their coop every morning around 6:00 am. They are so happy when that door opens. For a while there, they were able to get in and out of their run at their convenience, but then a raccoon decided to burrow his way underneath the run and into the coop. He (or she) killed two of my beautiful hens last week, so within two days, I went and got two more. I have a total of four. The two newest hens are not laying yet, they should be laying in about a week or two. After the raccoon found his way in, we had to figure a way to close up the coop totally, at night. My husband devised a door and it seems to be working quite nicely. I am hoping that this is the last bit of work we have to do on the coop. It is now two years old and we have done some construction on it, since my two boys built it last March. It works for us, so that is all that matters.


Tonight is my new Zumba class. For those of you who don't know what Zumba is, it is exercising to Latin music. I have to say that I don't know how to dance very well, but...this class is great! You get a really good workout and you have a lot of fun at the same time - what is better than that! I have two great teachers (that is the most important aspect of Zumba) and have been enjoying this new craze for about 6 months now. You can enter "zumba" into youtube and watch a video to get an idea of what it is like.

No comments: