About Me

My photo
Full Time Mom, Wife, Work, Life - Mom to three children (adults), two are college graduates and now own their own homes, and the youngest is in college in NC; wife to Thomas; Work - one full time and multiple part time jobs; Life - whatever you can throw at me....

Thursday, September 10, 2009

My Kids

I have three children, although two of them are now classified as adults. Rick is 21 and is a senior in college. Dominic is 20 and is a junior in college. Elizabeth is a sophomore in high school.

They are truly great kids. They have faced adversity head on. They have taken on challenges, that I would have never done at their age. They are all B Students and I have no "major" issues with any of them. I am very fortunate.

Rick is majoring in psychology with a criminal justice minor. He wants to be a police officer (at least right now). Dominic is majoring in Kinesiology with a concentration in strength and conditioning. Two years ago, I had never even heard of the word "kinesiology". I'm very proud of him as this is an extremely difficult major with an extremely heavy course load. He just got into the program and is excited about his journey. Elizabeth goes to a private all girls Catholic high school. My cousin Laura asked me one day - Why would you send your daughter to an all girls school - do you hate her that much? (she was kidding of course) But, the real answer is Nope, I don't hate her. I love my daughter so much, that I am sending her to this school. It has proven to be the best thing for her. Although she won't admit it yet. 15 is a tough age for a girl (maybe for boys too, but I never saw that).

The boys are very self sufficient and independent. They always have been. I send them their checks for their rent each month (off campus housing this year) and they make due. They will not come home too often this year as both have part time jobs and classroom work will be intense.

Elizabeth is a cheerleader. She has been doing it since she was 7. It is something she truly loves. Football season will be starting shortly, so we will be at games every Friday night. It is good though, as last year, I met a lot of wonderful moms and dads of other cheerleaders.

Today, I am working all day. After work tonight is my Boot Camp. This is another wonderful exercise class that is physical and as tough as the name implies. Then I have to go to one of my part time jobs at 7:10. When I get home later this evening, it will be time to pack for camping this weekend....

No comments: