About Me

My photo
Full Time Mom, Wife, Work, Life - Mom to three children (adults), two are college graduates and now own their own homes, and the youngest is in college in NC; wife to Thomas; Work - one full time and multiple part time jobs; Life - whatever you can throw at me....

Sunday, September 27, 2009

Nonni


Nonni is our Italian term for Grandmother. I had two of my own nonni's (three actually) growing up. My last living Nonni passed away six years ago and I miss her, as me and my children had moved in with my parents in May of that year and Nonni was living with them. We had four generations living under one roof for about four months and then Nonni passed August 23rd. I started to date my future husband about 1-1/2 years later.


His Nonni is still alive. She is a beautiful woman, inside and out. She is 97 years young. She lives in her own apartment and the whole family takes care of her needs. She comes to my house on Sundays after we attend church. As soon as we get back to my house, she wants to know where the laundry is. She folds two loads of laundry for me every time we get home from church. She is the most adorable person. I want to be just like her when I'm 97. I want to REACH 97.... This is Nonni watching the Yankees play on Sunday (she tries not to miss a game) with my husband's Steelers blanket keeping her warm. Love you, Nonni!!!!

No comments: