About Me

My photo
Full Time Mom, Wife, Work, Life - Mom to three children (adults), two are college graduates and now own their own homes, and the youngest is in college in NC; wife to Thomas; Work - one full time and multiple part time jobs; Life - whatever you can throw at me....

Friday, August 27, 2010

CSA Friday

Here is what I am scheduled to get today:

Half Share:


6 ears of sweet corn
onions and garlic
1 lb potatoes
1 lb tomatoes
1 pint grape tomatoes
1 lb sweet peppers
1 lb summer squash
1 bunch carrots
1 bunch kale

I made another batch of the Bean/Kale soup - OMG - you have to try it!!!  It is so easy.  (I'm getting more kale today, so I may have to make more!!) :)

I signed up for the Fall CSA - a little larger than a half share and a little smaller than a full share - five weeks for $100.00 - which is $20.00 per week on produce.  Such a deal! 

In case anyone was interested, right now for a half share, I pay 13.75 per week, (upfront $300.00) for 22 weeks.

(edited at 1:00 pm) I just picked up my share and here is what I received:  6 ears of sweet corn; 3 onions; 2 garlics; 4 potatoes; 4 tomatoes; 1 pint of grape tomatoes; 1 green bell pepper; 2 purple peppers; 2 zucchini; 2 yellow squash; 1 bunch of carrots; 1 bunch of kale and 1 small watermelon (I love extras!)

No comments: