About Me

My photo
Full Time Mom, Wife, Work, Life - Mom to three children (adults), two are college graduates and now own their own homes, and the youngest is in college in NC; wife to Thomas; Work - one full time and multiple part time jobs; Life - whatever you can throw at me....

Saturday, August 14, 2010

Gardening

Here is what I grew this year.... I got a ton of peas, all frozen already and my second crop is planted and about 6 inches tall already.  The tomatoes are producing slowly.  The plants themselves are beautiful and I've picked three tomatoes so far, but I think that these will be heavy producers in Sept.  The lettuce is long gone, but I got more lettuce this year than I ever have before.  My squash plants are not doing well, so I had to do some q-tip pollination.  I'll let you know if it works.  My onions are good.  My beans...well you know that story!!!  There are a few string bean plants still coming up, but very few.  My herbs (pictures above) are super fantastic....the rosemary, oregano, basil and parsley really did well in their new section in the top garden.  It isn't the biggest garden, but it will do.  My raspberries were good producers and it seems that I am going to get a second picking.  The Hens found the blueberry bush - that is not good!!!!  And I found out that I have a mulberry tree.  I had been cutting it back and now I'm going to let it grow.  The pear tree had about 25-30 pears on it and now, they have all disappeared.  I'm assuming it is an animal as there are no pears on the ground???? 

1 comment:

The 4 Bushel Farmgal said...

The herbs look great. Glad you had a good gardening year.

A mulberry tree! How lucky! My mother and I were just reminiscing about the mulberry in our old neighborhood. The boys would climb the tree to shake all the ripe berries onto an army blanket that we had stretched out beneath them. There was enough for all who wanted some :)