About Me

My photo
Full Time Mom, Wife, Work, Life - Mom to three children (adults), two are college graduates and now own their own homes, and the youngest is in college in NC; wife to Thomas; Work - one full time and multiple part time jobs; Life - whatever you can throw at me....

Saturday, August 21, 2010

Salsa

I had received three small jalapenos in my CSA last week.....I have never bought nor cooked a jalapeno in my life!!!!!!!

But this is what I love about my CSA - it makes me learn something new!

Salsa Recipe:

1 Green Pepper - chopped finely
3 small jalapenos - chopped finely (took out the seeds and white part inside) (CSA)
Four very ripe tomatoes (CSA)
A handful of cilantro
Juice of a whole lime
One large onion - chopped finely (CSA)
one clove garlic (this wasn't in the recipe so I only used one clove for caution) (CSA)

Chop it all up and put into a bowl. My first thought was that it was too watery, so I drained it a little - but that got rid of the lime taste, so next time I will squeeze out some of the juice from the tomatoes first.  Add some tortilla chips and my kids were happy as can be!

No comments: