About Me

My photo
Full Time Mom, Wife, Work, Life - Mom to three children (adults), two are college graduates and now own their own homes, and the youngest is in college in NC; wife to Thomas; Work - one full time and multiple part time jobs; Life - whatever you can throw at me....

Monday, August 9, 2010

A wonderful Sunday

I started the day running a little more than 3 miles with my best friend from high school.  She lives out of state and I don't get to see her much, so it was great!  I came home, took a shower, got the turkey in the oven and made the  stuffing.  I had already peeled the potatoes the night before and placed them in milk water in the fridge.  (Can you tell the hubby wanted Thanksgiving dinner?)  I made another batch of zucchini quiche and then laid down for a 1/2 hour.  Got up and got the girls up and ready for church.  We picked up Nonni and went to church and then to my house for some laundry folding and getting dinner ready.

We had a real nice Sunday dinner and then went to my friend Cindy's house to enjoy the pool.  Nonni sat in the water and enjoyed herself and then sat in the shade as the sun was pretty strong.  I caught up with my friends and laughed a lot.  I took Nonni home at 5:00 and went to work for an hour to balance some accounts for the attorney that I work for.  Went home and met a wonderful family who wanted to see my hens and my coop as they are thinking about getting some hens for their two daughters.  Went back to Cindy's, had  a glass of wine and had a great night talking and laughing with the kids and my friends.

And the Yankees are winning so that will finish off the day nicely!!!!

1 comment:

The 4 Bushel Farmgal said...

Thanksgiving dinner - that sounds really good right about now!

What a happy, busy day. And a great ending ;)