About Me

My photo
Full Time Mom, Wife, Work, Life - Mom to three children (adults), two are college graduates and now own their own homes, and the youngest is in college in NC; wife to Thomas; Work - one full time and multiple part time jobs; Life - whatever you can throw at me....

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Egg Recall

I am sure you have heard the latest on the egg recall here in the US.  It is pretty sickening and disheartening that no one has done anything about the disgrace they call Wright County Egg in Iowa.  (At least this is where they say the problem lies and I tend to believe THEM.) 

http://www.cnn.com/2010/HEALTH/08/25/eggs.salmonella/?hpt=Sbin

Makes me love my five hens even more and.....one of my babies laid her first egg yesterday.  It was about 1/2 the size of a regular egg, but she has begun!  I think it was the Wyandotte.  The other two are scheduled to start laying today (22 weeks old).  We shall see.

PS - buy local, fresh eggs...Find a CSA...find a Farmer's Market....come visit me, I'll give you some eggs for free.

No comments: