About Me

My photo
Full Time Mom, Wife, Work, Life - Mom to three children (adults), two are college graduates and now own their own homes, and the youngest is in college in NC; wife to Thomas; Work - one full time and multiple part time jobs; Life - whatever you can throw at me....

Friday, January 28, 2011

The aftermath of the storm

My son's new car got hit yesterday.  It was just a fender bender, but a woman backed out of her driveway because she couldn't see over the piles of this snow and my son just happened to be coming down the street...

My other son got out of work at 11:30 pm at night...attempted to get home, got as far as our hill and couldn't make it up (8 inches of snow at that point).  Slid back down the hill and parked at the grocery store parking lot, BUT forgot he left his hazard lights on.  Started to walk home and someone gave him a ride up the hill.  We went to start his car at noon yesterday and it was dead, so my hubby was able to come and jump the battery.  My daughter doesn't have school again (yesterday or today) - 5 days off so far this winter and April vacation will start to be shortened!  Same with all the other schools in this area. 

The weathermen are saying this is the worse January on record EVER and that this is the highest total of snow for any month in CT ever.  Aren't we so lucky!! 

And I think I am DONE talking about the weather this week.........I have to move on  :)

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Maria, if anyone has a right to biatch about the weather, you do. You poor girl! And I'm so sorry about your son's car. That is always such an inconvenience.

I truly hope ol' man winter gives you a break in the action for a couple of weeks!