About Me

My photo
Full Time Mom, Wife, Work, Life - Mom to three children (adults), two are college graduates and now own their own homes, and the youngest is in college in NC; wife to Thomas; Work - one full time and multiple part time jobs; Life - whatever you can throw at me....

Monday, January 3, 2011

Changes in the Hen House

A lot has been going on in the hen house.....First of all, we have got rid of our two older hens (almost three years old) to a farm in Southbury.  We have taken on two of my dad's hens (both under a year old). 

My dad had to get rid of his four chickens for various reasons, so we took my two old ones (red crosses), one of his old ones (a beautiful blue Plymouth Rock) and one of his new black sex links to Southbury. 

Right now I have four black sex links and one silver Laced Wyandotte.....it was bedlam in the coop this morning.  The pecking order was a little crazy.  Suffice it to say, no one was happy...not my chickens or the new ones.  The new ones actually got out of the yard after I had let them out to free range.  So, I put them all back in the coop and my son is going to watch out for them a little later on this morning. 

Who knows what I'm going to find when I get home tonight!

No comments: