About Me

My photo
Full Time Mom, Wife, Work, Life - Mom to three children (adults), two are college graduates and now own their own homes, and the youngest is in college in NC; wife to Thomas; Work - one full time and multiple part time jobs; Life - whatever you can throw at me....

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Ice Storm and Surgery

So, the Farmers Almanac was right - this is turning out to be a DOOZY of a winter!

I made it to work today - there weren't too many people on the roads, but I drove really slow.  I got here around 9:45 and I'll only stay until 3 or so.  Two inches of snow and now ice and rain!!!!  We won't know total accumulation until later on tonight.

As of today, it looks like 3-6 more inches of snow coming on Friday and maybe more next Tuesday.........whatever!

My brother's hip surgery was successful as of last night.  He is only 44 and had to have a hip replaced.  He will be out of commission for awhile, but the hip socket was disintegrating and he really needed this.  Please pray for his recovery! 

3 comments:

Farming On Faith said...

I am praying!
We too are getting our fair share of winter weather. Stay warm!
Have a great day!

Monica said...

You really are getting your share of winter this year! Thanks for stopping by my blog and sharing the story about the hand and foot warmers -- that was too funny. I had never even heard about that.
Have a great day :)

Maria said...

Thank you both for stopping by my blog....We got more snow this morning. 4 more inches! And my brother came home home today - Thank you for your prayers!