About Me

My photo
Full Time Mom, Wife, Work, Life - Mom to three children (adults), two are college graduates and now own their own homes, and the youngest is in college in NC; wife to Thomas; Work - one full time and multiple part time jobs; Life - whatever you can throw at me....

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Venison

As many of you know, I only eat meat if I know exactly where it came from (like the farm or my sisters back yard!). 

This week, we were given two packages of venison.  My good friend Kathy's son shot a deer (and his friend got a buck) about two weeks ago.  It came from the woods near my sister's house....

We cooked up one of the packages of steaks - they were small, but oh so good!!!
Hubby pan fried them in butter, onions and garlic (we use garlic for everything!) and just kept them cooking for about 45 minutes, constantly turning.  They were delicious, tender and didn't taste gamey at all!  There were five small pieces.  I had three for dinner last night and two are for lunch today (I didn't share......I only gave my hubby a small piece!) 

Usually, when we get venison from someone, we just cut it up for stew and it is wonderful in the crockpot, but this was such a better flavor! 

Thank you Kathy and Nick!!!  Let me know if you get another!!

1 comment:

The 4 Bushel Farmgal said...

Mmmm, venison sauteed with garlic or onions! You reminded me of some of my neighbors up north, who used to share their good hunting fortune with me. It's good to have friends like that!