About Me

My photo
Full Time Mom, Wife, Work, Life - Mom to three children (adults), two are college graduates and now own their own homes, and the youngest is in college in NC; wife to Thomas; Work - one full time and multiple part time jobs; Life - whatever you can throw at me....

Friday, January 7, 2011

New Hen Update

I took the two hens outside this morning (the ones that we have been keeping away from the flock), but unfortunately, one had died during the night.  The one who couldn't see out of one eye.....I am pissed about it because I did the nice thing and took on two additional hens and then I lost one of my good ones....but it is what it is and I took it to the woods and put her there.  The ground is frozen, so I couldn't bury her. 

I am down to four one year olds (in March) and only one egg yesterday.....

1 comment:

The 4 Bushel Farmgal said...

Ouch! Being winter sure doesn't help. You did what you could with what you've got.

6:00pm and it's still snowing here. It doesn't look like it plans on stopping soon, either!