About Me

My photo
Full Time Mom, Wife, Work, Life - Mom to three children (adults), two are college graduates and now own their own homes, and the youngest is in college in NC; wife to Thomas; Work - one full time and multiple part time jobs; Life - whatever you can throw at me....

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Cancer update

My dad is back to everyday radiation and a new Chemo called Gemzar.  They have stopped the Avastin now (it was recalled for some people with breast cancer) as it was extremely expensive (I want to say $8,000.00 per bag) - just ridiculous!  The two cancers in his lungs have shrunk (the good news) and the one on his shoulder and the one on his lymph nodes grew a little (this was because they had stopped radiation for three months. 

So now we are back on a new track.....Let's hope THIS train knows where it is going.

3 comments:

The 4 Bushel Farmgal said...

Isn't is baffling as to why the important medicines are so expensive?!! Keeping my fingers crossed for good results from the new treatment. I'll add some prayers, too :)

Nancy said...

I hope this new combination works well for your father. Sending healing and positive vibes his way!

Maria said...

Thank you both for your thoughts and prayers.