About Me

My photo
Full Time Mom, Wife, Work, Life - Mom to three children (adults), two are college graduates and now own their own homes, and the youngest is in college in NC; wife to Thomas; Work - one full time and multiple part time jobs; Life - whatever you can throw at me....

Friday, August 26, 2011

CSA #13 for 2011

Full Share:


6 ears of corn
3 lbs of cucumbers
3 large eggplants
1 lb small eggplant
2 fennel bulbs
2 lbs potatoes
1 lb beans
4 sweet peppers
4 hot peppers
2 bunches of kale
4 large tomatoes
1 lb squash and zucchini

This is a good week!  I will use everything up quickly.........
My sister is getting the corn and I think we will split the rest.
My mom gave me more eggplant, so I need to fry those up this weekend.  I should have enough for 2-1/2 trays of eggplant parm.  I think I'll give the kale to my niece this week - she's on a kale kick. 

I also bought an extra box of tomatoes from my CSA farm.  BIL and I are making Salsa and hot pepper relish.  Pictures will be forthcoming!

My dad used to make marinated eggplant - I loved it, but unfortunately, he passed and we don't have the recipe.  I looked for a recipe on line, but if anyone has a recipe that is made with capers, olives, onions and eggplant (that is cut into strips and pressed with salt) and maybe some roasted red peppers and gets put into canning jars, let me know, please!!!  I found one recipe, but all it has is the eggplant (no other veggies), so I will improvise.....

No comments: