About Me

My photo
Full Time Mom, Wife, Work, Life - Mom to three children (adults), two are college graduates and now own their own homes, and the youngest is in college in NC; wife to Thomas; Work - one full time and multiple part time jobs; Life - whatever you can throw at me....

Saturday, August 27, 2011

I think we are all set....

8:30 pm on Saturday 8/27/11.

Bathtub is full....check
Three tubs (large containers) of water in the bathroom full....check
Two very large pots of water on the stove full of water...check
Teapot full of water....check.
An old Percolater for coffee to be made on the stove or on the grill....check
Gas grill filled with propane....check
Bag of charcoal, just in case....check
cars filled with gas....check
Chickens in the house (and it's not even winter)....check
Food in the freezer.....check
All backyard furniture put away....check
Food made for next two days....check
Candles all set...check
Flashlights all set.....check
Batteries for radios (2 sets)....check
Generator......UMMMM...no
Cases of water for drinking....check
Attended church tonight instead of tomorrow....check
Nice glass of my brother's homemade wine sitting next to me...check
Raining outside...check

At this point, my town is getting a direct hit with a Category 1 Hurricane.  I'll let you know how it goes after all is said and done.  (Blogs have been pre-done for the next four days but hopefully I will be able to give you an update.  If you don't see an update, you know I don't have power still).

C'mon Irene!

No comments: