About Me

My photo
Full Time Mom, Wife, Work, Life - Mom to three children (adults), two are college graduates and now own their own homes, and the youngest is in college in NC; wife to Thomas; Work - one full time and multiple part time jobs; Life - whatever you can throw at me....

Monday, August 1, 2011

Chocolate Zucchini Cake

I have made this cake twice so far and it has been a hit both times.

I changed it from the original from Simply Recipes because we have a nut allergy in the extended family and I am not a fan of orange with chocolate.  I also changed the type of flour and it came out perfectly moist!

I brought one cake to my mom's house and one cake to a party and I totally forgot to take pictures, but if you look at the original recipe, it looked just like that (except my glaze was not as perfectly placed!!)

Chocolate Zucchini Cake

Ingredients:

2-1/2 cups unbleached flour, sifted
1/2 cup cocoa
2-1/2 tsps. of baking powder
1-1/2 tsps. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. cinnamon
3/4 cup of butter, softened
2 tsps. vanilla
2 cups sugar
3 eggs
2 cups of shredded zucchini
1/2 cup milk

Glaze

Method:


Preheat the oven to 350°F.
1 Combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder, soda, salt, and cinnamon; set aside.
2 With a mixer, beat together the butter and the sugar until they are smoothly blended. Add the eggs to the butter and sugar mixture one at a time, beating well after each addition. With a spoon, stir in the vanilla,  and zucchini.
3 Alternately stir the dry ingredients and the milk into the zucchini mixture.
4 Pour the batter into a greased and flour-dusted 10-inch tube pan or bundt pan. Bake in the oven for about 50 minutes (test at 45 minutes!) or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in pan 15 minutes; turn out on wire rack to cool thoroughly.
5 Drizzle glaze over cake.
Glaze: Mix together 2 cups powdered sugar, 3 Tablespoons milk, and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Beat until smooth.

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Sounds delicious -- but alas, I have no zucchini this year. Just as well, as hubby has been working out of town all summer. :)