About Me

My photo
Full Time Mom, Wife, Work, Life - Mom to three children (adults), two are college graduates and now own their own homes, and the youngest is in college in NC; wife to Thomas; Work - one full time and multiple part time jobs; Life - whatever you can throw at me....

Monday, August 1, 2011

Hail (Mary)



In 31 years of driving, I have never driven through a hail storm until last night - it was the most crazy, scary thing that I have done in a long time.  (I said a few Hail Mary's in the car)  I had to get home and since I had stayed at Zumba for an extra 15 minutes (because I couldn't get out the door), until the hail subsided somewhat, I had to drive in it!  On the way home, in the car, the hail started again.  I felt like the windows were going to break.  And I'm sure there are a few dings in the car!

I made it into the driveway and got out and I was soaked (but the hail had stopped for a minute).  By the time, I unloaded my gear, the hail started again - faster and more furious than on the drive home.

Here are some pictures of the back yard and a short video which gives a better perspective!
 Doesn't it look like snow!

 Lots of pellets on the deck

 Pellets (dime sized) on the outside table.
 The patio floor

 Looks just like snow!

A short video

Edited to add:  I went out to the garden this morning at 6:15 - it doesn't look good at all.  broken tomato shoots, the squash leaves are full of holes and everything is just laying down.  Maybe after some sun today it will perk up, but I'm not totally optimistic.  We will see.  I wonder how my CSA will be?  I'm not sure if they had the hail in that part of Shelton.  

1 comment:

The 4 Bushel Farmgal said...

Oh, my!!! And we didn't get any of that here....just some thunder rumbling and a bit of rain.
I hope your garden and hens are okay!