About Me

My photo
Full Time Mom, Wife, Work, Life - Mom to three children (adults), two are college graduates and now own their own homes, and the youngest is in college in NC; wife to Thomas; Work - one full time and multiple part time jobs; Life - whatever you can throw at me....

Friday, August 5, 2011

CSA Week #10

Here is the list for this week:




Full Share:
6 ears of sweet corn
2 lbs of red potatoes
2 sweet peppers
3 lbs of yellow squash and zucchini
3 lbs of cucumbers (slicing and kirby)
1 bunch beets
1 pint yellow grape tomatoes
2 large tomatoes
1 large eggplant; 2 asian eggplant
1 small cabbage




I made a divine eggplant/squash parm this past week.  It was a huge tray and it was gone in literally 24 hours.  I also made a zucchini quiche and I grated two huge zucchinis (it took me a very long time) for the freezer for future use.  And I still have 1-1/2 zucchini and a delicata squash (from my garden) to use. I still have kale from last week which I need to use and since there is no kale this week (YEAH!), I'll enjoy it!  I get the corn this week and I'm looking forward to it! I finally used all the potatoes and made an Italian potato salad.  Recipe to come this week.

ETA: No corn this week....we got an e-mail from the farm telling us that Friday's shares would not have enough - there was a problem with it...so instead we are getting more tomatoes and eggplant.  
 

No comments: